These side hustle ideas do not require specialized skills or a huge investment upfront and are a great way to earn additional income.
Here at The Side Hustler, our goal has always been to help you in being financially independent. One way of doing that is by having a side hustle. What exactly is a side hustle? It is anything you do that helps you earn additional/supplemental income. You could be employed or self-employed yet you could still have something on the side that helps you generate an additional income.
A side hustle helps you grow out of your debts faster, increases your savings and also gives you additional money that you may choose to invest. Besides, it will help you be more productive with your time. Very often it is thought that to have a side hustle you need to invest a certain amount of money upfront to see potential returns in the future. That is not true as you can start these 12 side hustle ideas right away - 1. Virtual Assistant - A Virtual Assistant or V.A. is a person who provides support and services to entrepreneurs and businesses around the world from a remote location. Small and medium-sized business often outsource their tasks to virtual assistants instead of hiring directly as it saves them money. These tasks can be general such as admin related work or specialized such as social media management, graphic design, bookkeeping or web design, etc. Read here to know more about Virtual Assistants and how you can find jobs as a V.A. Related - Top 3 Websites to search for your Work-From-Home Job Hunting for Part-Time, Freelance, Remote and Temporary Jobs on Facebook
Five Facebook Groups to find Online Jobs and Work from Home 2. Tutoring/Coaching/Personal Training - Are you skilled in a particular subject, language, music instrument or even fitness? There are plenty of people looking to hone their skills in the fields that you are possibly good at. As we are often told, if you are good at something, you might as well get paid for it. Coaching related to business, interviews, mental health, life & relationships, personal finance, etc has seen quite an increase in recent years. Teaching English online has also gained popularity with several websites and apps allowing you to teach English to users across the world. 3. Baking/Cooking - This is another side hustle that has turned into a lucrative business for many. You do not need to be a Masterchef to be able to make money from baking or cooking. You can begin learning and practicing recipes that you find, tweak them according to your tastes and begin selling them online or via market fairs. Cookies, cakes, and cupcakes are very commonly sold by home bakers. It can also help you land bulk/catering orders. Apart from that, many people do not have the time to cook meals and they may benefit from a meal service. Meal plan service is a growing business with more people moving towards a healthier lifestyle. It is important to know that having a good presence online and in your local market will help you get more customers.
4. Sell handmade products - This side hustle has turned several people into successful entrepreneurs. If you've got a knack of creating handmade items, this side hustle may just be the right thing for you. These handmade items could be anything from soap bars to crafts, decorations, gifts, jewelry, paintings, etc. Join a local market fair where you may sell these items or you can list them down on websites or in several Facebook Groups. Customers that like your products are very likely to refer you to their friends and family.
5. Babysitting/Petsitting - If you have time on your hands and love looking after pets or little babies, offer to do it for your friends and family or anyone else whom they might know. You may also reach out to others in Facebook Groups offering your service. Dog walking is done by many as a way to earn those extra few bucks. There are also a few dog walking apps such as Wag, PetBacker, and Rover, etc. that make it easy to find those in need of these services.
6. Flipping - This involves buying things at a cheaper price and selling them for profit. You can visit second-hand stores, flea markets, and websites where people sell used items. You can then buy them at a cheaper rate and sell it at a higher rate. The key is to bargain for a lower rate and go for items you know will sell. Usually, people flip second-hand items, second-hand vehicles, and even websites.
7. Cleaning Services - Cleaning is something that is required by everyone - we all need to wash our cars, clean carpets, rugs, and even our homes. People are very willing to pay to outsource these tasks to someone who can do the job well. The rates for offering these cleaning services have also increased in comparison to the past, hence making it a profitable side hustle.
8. DJ - Clubs, bars, and pubs are often in need of a DJ and so do weddings and events that happen around in your locality. You can begin doing this part-time working over the weekends or at nights and soon enough you will be able to earn way more than the income from your regular job. This does require the skill and passion for it along with some investment for the equipment. Initially, you do not have to buy them if you have the option of taking the equipment on rent.
9. Laundry Services - Similar to cleaning services, you may offer laundry services to those in your neighborhood. You do not need to have all the equipment of a full-fledged laundry and you can begin by just washing clothes for others. Take into consideration the amount of water and electricity that you use and set your rates accordingly.
10. Party/Wedding/Event Planner - If you are great at planning events and parties for your friends and family, you can offer your services to others and even make a good living out of it. Weddings, birthday parties, baby showers, engagement parties, retirement parties, trade shows, conventions, company picnics, holiday parties, meetings, charity events, and fundraisers all fall under this broad category. While you do not have to do them all, you can always choose a niche and specialize.
11. Translator - Being skilled in multiple languages allows you the option of being a translator to individuals and businesses around the world. Translation of documents from one language to another is a very common requirement for businesses. These jobs are easier to find on freelance job websites such as UpWork, Fiverr and Freelancer. Build a portfolio and you will be able to land more clients.
12. Website Builder - Every business needs to have an online presence in the form of a website. A company without a website often gives out an unprofessional impression. Many of these small and medium-sized businesses do not want to spend a fortune to set up their website. If you have the knowledge and skills in developing websites, you can approach businesses in your locality and do it for them. Once you build a portfolio, you can then approach clients from around the world.
You may also find several other useful ways to earn money listed down in our Earn Money section, here.
The Ultimate Guide To Getting Your Finances Back On Track is a book that aims to help the user in being smarter about their finances. This guide contains seven sections - Financial Goals, Expenses, Savings, Income, Loans & Debts, Budgeting, and Investments. Each of these sections explains everything you need to know about Personal Finance in simple terms. By the end of this book, you will have learned the fundamental principles that will help you in maximizing your income, decreasing your expenses and increasing your savings that will overall kickstart your process of truly building wealth.
Pin the image below and save it for later or you can share it among your friends and families on Facebook and Twitter.