Your most valuable networking tool needs to be put through the right use to help you in your quest for prospective clients.
Business cards are a highly personalized form of marketing and one of the best ways to make a great and lasting impression. They can never be replaced in this era of the digital age as it has a human factor in developing a personal connection. Also, it is an extension of your brand and helps in creating a good first impression.
With that being said, it is also important that your business card is put to the right use so as to be effective. Here are some useful tips to help you get the most out of them -
1. Always keep a supply of your business cards with you. Keep them in your wallet, pocket, bag/briefcase so that they are easily accessible for when you need to hand them out. It is best to be prepared.
2. Do not hand them out to every person you meet. They will most likely discard it away. Instead, give your business card to a prospective client, business owners and other leads that can help you grow your business.
3. It is ideal to hand out your business card when you have a one-on-one meeting or if you are a part of a social event, convention, exhibition, trade show, etc. For an event in a foreign country, you may use bilingual cards where you have English on one side and the language of the particular country on the other.
4. Hand over your cards to businesses that complement yours and do not directly compete with you. You may leave a supply of your cards with them to hand over to potential clients while you may offer to do the same for them. They help in being your networking partner.
5. Do not hand out cards with incorrect or crossed out information. Crossing out information on your card ends up giving an unprofessional image. Business cards are not expensive to print but it is important to ensure that the information is an accurate representation of your business.
6. It is acceptable and polite to ask someone for their business card first before handing out yours, in case they haven't asked you yet.
Using the right color, font, image, and logo are important in creating an attractive business card that will help you create a great first impression. At The Side Hustler, we realize the importance of that, which is why we are offering you an opportunity to avail of our Design Services.
Get a well-designed and attractive business card to grab the attention of your prospects/clients and help you make a strong impression.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Pin the image below and save it for later or you can share it among your friends and families on Facebook and Twitter.