Updated: Sep 14, 2019
With recruiters receiving hundreds of applications per job posting, an attractive resume is the key to setting yourself apart from the rest.
Your resume is the most important document of your job search for it holds the key towards creating your first impression and landing that job interview. You may have the qualifications and the experience but you may not get past the HR when you have a poorly written resume. With recruiters spending only six seconds on an average per resume, having an attractive resume that grabs their attention for a longer duration is important.
Here are 7 reasons why you need an attractive resume -
1. An attractive resume grabs the attention of employers and recruiters giving them a reason to spend more time looking through your resume than just skimming over it randomly. Recruiters often point out that most of the resumes they receive are just too dull and uninteresting to read.
2. With clearly laid out headings and a defined skill set you will be better able to sell your strongest skills and accomplishments.
3. Having bullet points and bold headings will make your resume not just attractive but will also help show the recruiter how you are a match for the position.
4. Having an organized resume gives the impression that you are professional and organized with your thoughts while giving recruiters the chance for an easy read through since everything is filled in its appropriate place.
5. Employers often believe in first impressions. With an attractive resume you can make a great first impression. A poorly written and unorganized resume reduces your chances of landing that interview.
6. A color can add a needed point of interest in reading your resume. Black and white resumes were the norm, however, it has been proven that having color on your resume makes it a lot more attractive. Keep in mind that you still need to keep your resume professional and suitable for the job that you are applying for.
7. Having a resume free of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes is important when your resume gets shortlisted for a closer look. Besides, a resume with no misspellings is instantly more attractive than an identical resume with lots of spelling errors. Use a proofreading tool like Grammarly or a different set of eyes by asking your friends to have a look at your resume. Designing and building your own resume from scratch can be quite time-consuming and after spending hours on it, you might end up with an unsatisfied result.
Besides, you could be applying for different types of jobs in different fields. There is no one resume that can be used for all kinds of jobs. Creating different types of resumes for the jobs that you are applying for is again time-consuming as you may need different skills and have a different resume format altogether.
At The Side Hustler, we realize that, which is why we are offering you an opportunity to avail of our Professional Resume Writing Service.
We can help you create an eye-catchy Resume, Cover Letter and an optimized LinkedIn Profile with an appropriate layout that is relevant to your target industry using professional language that is proofread without any spelling errors or grammatical mistakes.
Write to email@example.com for more details.
Related - Why LinkedIn is a great tool in your job hunt, and how to use it! 5 reasons why you need a Cover Letter! 7 things you should do before you begin your job search! The complete checklist you need when preparing for your next interview!
Pin the image below and save it for later or you can share it among your friends and families on Facebook and Twitter.