Convey the right information about who you are and what you do in a memorable way through your business card.
Business cards are a highly personalized form of marketing and one of the best ways to make a great and lasting impression. They can never be replaced in this era of the digital age as it has a human factor in developing a personal connection. But what is more important than having a business card is having an effective one. A well designed and attractive one with all the necessary information in it will draw the attention of the prospect and help you network more effectively.
Business cards are considered to be an extension of your brand and it is important to give the right impression from the start. People are always paying attention and as per a recent study, 72% of the respondents consider there to be a connection between the quality of your card and the quality of the product or service you have to offer. And 39% will choose not to do business with a company whose business cards look cheap.
Here are some of the things that you need to include on a business card -
1. Every business card should include the basics such as name, job title, contact information - phone number & email address, website, logo and social media profiles if any. If you do not have a job title and are a freelancer, you can specify your area of expertise instead.
2. A tagline and a logo are absolutely necessary to have on your business card. It represents your business identity and helps others in identifying your brand. Including a short message increases the value of your card, provided you have enough white space and you have left enough room for all the elements to breathe.
3. Having an image is optional and can take your business card to a whole new level. It leaves a visual impression of what you do or your work and is great for someone in the creative field such as designers, artists, and photographers.
4. Give life to your business card with color. Black and white business cards were the norm in the past. Bright colors like yellow and orange connote energy and optimism, while cooler colors like blue and violet are indicative of dependability and stability. Include the right color for the message that you want to convey with your business card.
5. Typography is as important as the design of your card. A good business card design has a typography hierarchy and structure. Stay away from funky fonts as the key to an attractive design is a clean font that is easy to read. Besides, it is important to keep your business card professional as well.
6. Include a call to action on your business card. This can be a promotional offer or a discount offer, for example. This can help in driving traffic to your website and generating more leads.
7. Avoid using a QR code as these are not effective anymore and just end up consuming space on your card. Most people are happy with your website and email address and don't bother with the QR code.
It is also important to avoid information overload on your business card. When it comes to design, less is always more. Avoid spelling errors and grammatical mistakes. This can seriously hurt your chances with a prospect.
Get your business card printed professionally. The quality of the paper on which you get your business printed is as important as the design itself. Use a creative touch for the finishing such as rounded corners, die-cuts, holes punched through, unusual sizes, embossing and foil accents.
Note: If you have multiple businesses, always create separate business cards for separate businesses to avoid confusing your prospects.
At The Side Hustler, we realize the importance of business cards, which is why we are offering you an opportunity to avail of our Design Services.
Get a well-designed and attractive business card to grab the attention of your prospects/clients and help you make a strong impression.
Write to email@example.com for more details.
Pin the image below and save it for later or you can share it among your friends and families on Facebook and Twitter.